Tengu has a total of two costumes which are available to him from the start.
|Costume 1 - Brown vest with white pom-poms and a horned skull on the back, a puff sleeve sweater worn under the vest, green pants, tabi-style boots, a pair of tengu geta, and a tokin.|
For this costume, Tengu has a pair of white feathered wings.
(Originally his final boss costume from the arcade version of Dead or Alive 2.)
|Costume 2 - Purple pants with a pair of tengu geta and gold spikes growing out of his body. His face also appears clean-shaven.
For this costume, Tengu's skin is grey in color, and has black feathered wings.
- For each costume, Tengu wields a magical ha-uchiwa (羽団扇 "feather fan").
- In Japanese folktales, these fans sometimes have the ability to grow or shrink a person's nose, but usually they are attributed the power to stir up great winds.
- Both fans are colored brown with an orange center.
- Tengu is the only character in the Japanese Dreamcast and DOA2: Hardcore versions not to have any unlockable costumes.
- He also has the least amount with just two costumes.