We have to grow stronger...
This article/section is in need of improvement. If you have a good knowledge of the subject, feel free to add your information to the article. Once improvements have been made, this notice may be removed.
Honoka Fu is Honoka's self-taught fighting style.
Broken down, it seems to be an amalgam of various martial arts, including bajiquan, pro-wrestling, piguaquan, shequan, taijiquan, zuiquan, Jeet Kune Do, karate, taekwondo, xingyiquan, lucha libre, Combat Sambo, close quarters combat and ninjutsu.
Aside from it copying various fighters' abilities, her style also incorporates a bit of "Rock Paper Scissors" into the moveset (with Rock aiming low, scissors aiming high, and paper being the middle).
|Dead or Alive 5 Last Round|
- From her Hissatsu-no-Kamae (lit."Fighting Position of Annihilation") stance, Honoka's throws (Big Bang and Giant Swing ) possess the animations of Raidou's throws (Jinrai-Horaku and Tenho-Gorai-Sho, respectively).
- If one notices Honoka's right hand, it emits a red aura whenever she enters her Hissatsu-no-Kamae stance, and during the use of her Exploding Fist attack. Also, during the close-up sequence of her Power Blow, both of her hands emit red aura.
- Similarly, her aura is the same shade as Raidou's aura. This further hints that they might share a connection.
- Honoka's cliffhanger attack ends the same way as Tina's: with her landing butt-first on her opponent.
- Honoka has a knack for utilizing her buttocks as part of her strikes. This makes her similar to Honey, a character from the Fighting Vipers video game series.
- Interestingly, two Honokas facing each other in combat can engage in a "Rock, Paper, Scissors fight" using their taunts. Likewise, Rock beats Scissors, Paper beats Rock, and Scissors beats Paper.
|Grappling||Close quarters combat - Combat Sambo - Counter Fiend Combat - Lucha libre - Professional wrestling|
|Striking||Bajiquan - Ii Style Leg Strikes - Karate - Mizongyi - Muay Thai - Ninjutsu - Piguaquan - Taekwondo|
|Internal||Daito-ryu Aiki-jujutsu - Shequan - Taijiquan - Xingyiquan - Xinyiliuhequan - Zuiquan|
|Full contact / Combat sports||Mixed martial arts|
|Self-defense / Combatives||Systema - Tengu-do|
|Eclectic / Hybrids||Honoka Fu - Jeet Kune Do|