We have to grow stronger...
This article/section is in need of improvement. If you have a good knowledge of the subject, feel free to add your information to the article. Once improvements have been made, this notice may be removed.
Honoka Fu is Honoka's self-taught fighting style.
Broken down, it seems to be an amalgam of various martial arts, including baji quan, pro-wrestling, pigua quan, she quan, taiji quan, zui quan, Jeet Kune Do, karate, taekwondo, xingyi quan, lucha libre, Combat Sambo, close quarters combat and ninjutsu.
Aside from it copying various fighters' abilities, her style also incorporates a bit of "Rock Paper Scissors" into the moveset (with Rock aiming low, scissors aiming high, and paper being the middle).
|Dead or Alive 5 Last Round|
- From her Hissatsu-no-Kamae (lit."Fighting Position of Annihilation") stance, Honoka's throws (Big Bang and Giant Swing ) possess the animations of Raidou's throws (Jinrai-Horaku and Tenho-Gorai-Sho, respectively).
- If one notices Honoka's right hand, it emits a red aura whenever she enters her Hissatsu-no-Kamae stance, and during the use of her Exploding Fist attack. Also, during the close-up sequence of her Power Blow, both of her hands emit red aura.
- Similarly, her aura is the same shade as Raidou's aura. This further hints that they might share a connection.
- Honoka's cliffhanger attack ends the same way as Tina's: with her landing butt-first on her opponent.
- Honoka has a knack for utilizing her buttocks as part of her attacks. This makes her similar to Honey, a character from the Fighting Vipers video game series.
- Interestingly, two Honokas facing each other in combat can engage in a "Rock, Paper, Scissors fight" using their taunts. Likewise, Rock beats Scissors, Paper beats Rock, and Scissors beats Paper. If it's a tie, both are knocked back.
|Grappling||Close quarters combat - Combat Sambo - Counter Fiend Combat - Lucha libre - Professional wrestling|
|Striking||Baji quan - Ii Style Leg Strikes - Karate - Mizong yi - Muay Thai - Ninjutsu - Pigua quan - Taekwondo|
|Internal||Daitō-ryū Aiki-jūjutsu - She quan - Taiji quan - Xingyi quan - Xinyi liuhe quan - Zui quan|
|Full contact / Combat sports||Mixed martial arts|
|Self-defense / Combatives||Systema - Tengu-do|
|Eclectic / Hybrids||Honoka Fu - Jeet Kune Do|