It seems that the buildings and the grounds on this area belong to the Douglas family, as Helena Douglas takes residence here.
Lorelei is on on the very top of the mountain. All fights start at the top of the building, and fighters can be thrown down it during the match. This stage is only playable at night.
In Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate, it is given a Halloween theme. The stage is decorated with jack-o'-lanterns and a red full moon is visible in the background. In addition, the very lowest level has banners of Volf, a Greater Fiend and enemy boss in Ninja Gaiden II. Both Volf's Castle and Lorelei have similar gothic design schemes, though Lorelei is much smaller. The original variation of the stage is featured in Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Arcade and was made available in an update for the console version.
During Dead or Alive 3 while Helena resides here, Christie come here to deliver a message to her from Donovan to continue participating in the tournament and that if she wins, she will know truth behind DOATEC's plans.
There are a number of fights in the Dead or Alive series that use Lorelei
- During the Dead or Alive 3 story of Dead or Alive Dimensions, Helena and Bayman met with each other, with Bayman also restraining Christie, as Kasumi α arrives, resulting in a fight between the Kasumi clone and Helena, forcing the latter to retreat.
- "Imps' Ball" - Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (Haunted Lorelei; upper tiers)
- "Ghouls' Ball" - Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (Haunted Lorelei; lower tiers)
- "Blood Tie ~DOA5 Ultimate mix~" - Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (Lorelei)
Dead or Alive 3Edit
Dead or Alive DimensionsEdit
Dead or Alive 5 UltimateEdit
- The location shares its name with a 120m tall rock on the eastern bank of the Rhine near St. Goarshausen, and seems to be based on this place.
- Lorelei is also the name of a mermaid who lured unwary fisherman to their death by singing the most beautiful song they had ever heard.