We have to grow stronger...
This article/section is in need of improvement. If you have a good knowledge of the subject, feel free to add your information to the article. Once improvements have been made, this notice may be removed.
Momiji in "Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate"
|Also Known As||N/A|
|Martial Art||Hayabusa Aikijutsu|
|Height||5' 3" (161 cm)|
|Weight||110 lbs. (50 kg)|
|Measurements||B36" W22" H34" (B92 W58 H88 cm)|
Dragon Shrine maiden
|Family||Kureha (Older sister)|
|Debut|| Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword (2008)|
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (2013)
|Japanese Voice||Yūko Minaguchi|
|English Voice||Kate Higgins|
- "Wow, I guess I've been getting stronger."
- —Momiji in Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate
Momiji (Kanji: 紅葉, Hiragana: もみじ, Rōmaji: Momiji) is Ryu Hayabusa's apprentice and the Dragon Shrine Maiden of the Hayabusa Ninja Clan.
She is the keeper of the Dragons Eye, a sacred jewel that is said to hold the spirit of a mighty dragon. In times of great danger, it is her duty to ensure that the jewel makes its way to Hayabusa, as it enhances the power of his Dragon Sword.
- See also: Momiji's Costumes
Momiji is a young Japanese lady with amber eyes and long black hair tied in a ponytail. She is mostly seen in an outfit with a white top with red ribboned edges and red kunoichi styled pants.
Momiji is a very gentle and caring young woman who is seen by the Hayabusa Village children as an older sister figure, whom they look up to.
Like her mentor, Ryu Hayabusa, Momiji has a strong will and refuses to accept any vulnerabilities and trains extensively to become one of the deadliest warriors in the Hayabusa Village.
Momiji (紅葉) in Japanese means "autumn leaves".
Enamored with his convictions, Momiji shares Hayabusa's perceptions of virtue and justice, only resorting to deadly violence against her clan's enemies. She looks up to him as both a mentor and an undying ally.
Rachel may seem to have a friendly relationship for Momiji and she forms working partnerships with her very often as she helps her out on her journey.
- See also: Momiji's Command Lists
Dead or Alive SeriesEdit
- Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (2013)
Non-Dead or Alive AppearancesEdit
Ninja Gaiden seriesEdit
Dynasty Warriors: StrikeforceEdit
Momiji makes a guest appearance in PlayStation 3 version of Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce. She is an NPC that offers three different quests to the player. If the player manages to complete all of the challenges she gives them, they earn the right to wield her Heavenly Dragon Naginata in battle. Its attack pattern is similar to the Polearm move-set that appears in the game but with its own unique special attacks taken straight from Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.
Warriors Orochi 3 HyperEdit
Momiji also appears in Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper (Musou Orochi 2 Hyper), the WiiU port of Warriors Orochi 3. She is added with fellow new character Shennong, as well as along side the characters from the Japan-only PSP port of the game, Seimei Abe and Rachel. Her special stage is the Hayabusa Village merged with Wan Castle.
In Popular CultureEdit
Momiji appears alongside Hayabusa in the fan-made CG series Dead Fantasy.
Also Known AsEdit
- Dragon Shrine Maiden - Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate
- Fuga ~DOA5 Ultimate mix~ - Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate
- Despite being a Ninjutsu practioner like all the shinobi in the series, Momiji also uses principles of Aikijutsu as well, making her the only shinobi in the series to use a different fighting style.
- Even though she was added to Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate, it is unknown whether she participated in the tournament or not. Her profile on the official game website, however, states that she does enter in order to test all that she has learned.
- Several of Momiji's techniques, such as double jumping and air-charged attacks, come directly from her gameplay in Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge. The air-power blow is taken from her Ultimate technique and her prayer beads can be used in combat.
- Her English voice actor also voices Tina Armstrong.
- Compare to Ayane and Kasumi, Momiji is the oldest kunoichi character as she is 21 years old while Kasumi is 19 and Ayane is 18. Yet she is the least experencied out of those two kunoichi.