We have to grow stronger...
This article/section is in need of improvement. If you have a good knowledge of the subject, feel free to add your information to the article. Once improvements have been made, this notice may be removed.
Team Ninja, styled as Team NINJA, is a Japanese video game development department of Koei Tecmo which was founded in 1995 for Tecmo, Inc. by former leader Tomonobu Itagaki. With its primary headquarters located in Tokyo, Japan, Team Ninja primarily works on and produces games for Tecmo (however the team has also produced games for both Microsoft Game Studios and Nintendo). It is best known for the Dead or Alive and Ninja Gaiden series.
On June 3, 2008, Tomonobu Itagaki announced that he was leaving Tecmo and Team Ninja, citing difficulties with Tecmo. In the same statement announcing his resignation, Itagaki also announced that he was filing a lawsuit against his former employer over unpaid bonuses for his work on Dead or Alive 4. When Itagaki left Tecmo, most of his colleagues and fellow Team Ninja members left with him to form Valhalla Game Studios.
The role of Team Ninja leader was taken over by current head Yosuke Hayashi.
- Dead or Alive
- Dead or Alive 2
- Dead or Alive 3 (Xbox) - November 14th, 2001
- Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball (Xbox) - January 23, 2003
- Ninja Gaiden (Xbox) - March 2nd, 2004
- Ninja Gaiden Hurricane Pack 1 (Xbox Live) - August 9th, 2004
- Ninja Gaiden Hurricane Pack 2 (Xbox Live) - September 27th, 2004
- Dead or Alive Ultimate (Xbox) - October 26th, 2004
- Ninja Gaiden Black (Xbox) - September 20th, 2005
- Dead or Alive 4 (Xbox 360) - December 29th, 2005
- Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 (Xbox 360) - November 15th, 2006
- Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PlayStation 3) - June 14th, 2007
- Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword (Nintendo DS) - March 20th, 2008
- Ninja Gaiden II (Xbox 360) - June 3rd, 2008
- Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (PlayStation 3) - September 29th, 2009
- Dead or Alive Paradise (PlayStation Portable) - March 30th, 2010
- Metroid: Other M (Wii) - August 31st, 2010
- Dead or Alive: Dimensions (Nintendo 3DS) - May 19th, 2011
- Ninja Gaiden 3 (PlayStation 3, Wii U and Xbox 360) - March 20th, 2012
- Dead or Alive 5 (PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360) - September 25th, 2012
- YAIBA Ninja Gaiden Z - (PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360) February 24th, 2014
- Ninja Gaiden II was published by Microsoft Game Studios, making it the first game created by Team Ninja not published by Tecmo.
- Team Ninja portal page
- Team Ninja Studio YouTube Channel
- @TeamNINJAStudio on Twitter
- Team Ninja (IGN website)
|Studios and Publishers|
|Koei Tecmo - Team Ninja - Tecmo|
|Directors and Producers|
|Current||Yosuke Hayashi - Yohei Shimbori|
|Sound and Music|
|Former||Kazuhiko Inaba - Takafumi Inamori - Ryo Koike - Shigekiyo Okuda - Hideyuki Suzuki|